1003. [Manuscript map - Eke]
Drawing, 40,5 x 49 cm, ink and watercolour, laid paper (underlaid).
Rare early map of the village of Eke showing the church, the local brewery "De Hert", the "Dreef", the former local castle connected to the "Neerhof" by a small bridge over the broad rampart, a single high building, presumably a pigeon tower, and the surrounding holdings, all bordered by the Moerbeek ("d'Aude Schelde vrye visscherye") and the road from Ghent to Oudenaarde ("de voetwich" en de "herwich"). The holdings are owned by Anthonius Gaermyn and Wid. Melchior Luyskens (or Luytens). With a nice cartouche containing the index. Rare testimony of a scarcely documented period in Eke's history, presumably after the sale of the manor in 1540 and before the 18th-c. changes.
€ 300 / 400Bid Live bidding